Saturday, April 25, 2009

Two Lines!!


It's semi-official! The pregnancy test says I've got a bun in the oven!

Now I've been pushed into a mode of eliminating caffeine from my diet, reading up on whats "normal" and purchasing pregnancy books on Amazon.com.

Kristina, mother of my baby godson, is on her way over now with a pile of books :)

I got up the courage to test yesterday after work. When I saw the results, I felt like I was going to cry, but I didn't. I wasn't sad, of course, but I'd say it was 50/50 mix of happy and nervous. A huge rush of emotion. And I thought I'd have 3 minutes to wait, but I peed on that stick and "viola!" those two lines showed up faster than I could lay the stick flat. Apparently my pee is just full of that pregnancy hormone!

From what I've read, I'm "5 weeks" because the baby-growth charts start from first day of your last period. So, wow, from not pregnant to five weeks pregnant instantly! This means I have a baby cookin the size of an appleseed :)

So I've picked my little "ok to tell" group. My parents, my brother, and my already had a baby best friend Kristina. Oh yea, and I also told my two roommates cause I live with them and had to turn down raw cookie dough last night.

As a surprise this morning Dave presented me with our new baby's piggy bank!


I wanted it since I first saw it shopping for gifts for Kristina's baby shower. Apparently he picked it up shortly thereafter and was saving it for this occasion! Gotta love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment