Friday, April 24, 2009

Count down to the big test.

So life has been hectic lately..

David and I, who dont have enough craziness going on in our lives between a new puppy, new house and a fresh marriage, decided a few weeks ago that we should take a shot at baby-making.
After hearing many stories from women I know about trying to get pregnant and it taking a while, I assumed it would take a few months to suceed.

Well, now (by my rough calculations) I am about 4 1/2 days late... and my boobs hurt.

My almost one year old godson's mother, who is a younger than me twenty something, cautioned me not to get overly excited because my body could play tricks.. and it might be I suppose.

In any event, I'm sick of trying not to get my hopes up, so yesterday during a routine trip to Shoprite for eggs, milk, canned pineapples (for ham dinner) and a bag of potatos, I added a 2 pack pregnancy test to the pile.

I have to say, I was surprised how embarssed I was to to pick it up off the shelf and even to put it up on the conveyor belt (I may have put the bag of potatos on top of it). The girl at the register also seemed flushed as she quickly stuffed in a bag. It's so weird how just holding a pregnancy test made me so embarassed, especially when I'm intending on getting pregnant... Maybe I was embarassed because I was afraid onlookers would question whether I had made a mistake.. and of course, I forgot my wedding band at home.

Anyhow, when I picked up my lovely husband at work, I was excited to show him what I picked up. His response? "The girls told me to let them know if we found out tonight." Funny, I hadn't mentioned the test until after I bought it (on a whim really). Good to see we are on the same page.

Even though I bought the test yesterday, I chose not to take the test last night. Why? Cause today is Friday and I knew I'd have to go to work the next morning after taking the test. And then, no matter what the results would be, I would have to sit and think all day about the results and dwell because there wouldn't be anyone to discuss it with.

So, I decided on performing the all important test after work today so I have all weekend to let the results (whatever they may be) sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment