Friday, June 12, 2009

Boy or Girl?

Not to sound cliche, but what we want most is not male or female, but healthy.

Ask me again next around though, and you can bet my answer will change.

This baby, my first baby, doesn't have to be a boy or a girl, but next time, I'll want whatever we don't already have. If we have a little boy for example, next time I am pregnant I will be praying for a healthy baby girl and vice versa if we welcome a girl into the family this December.

However, in our hearts, we might be leaning towards a boy, but only because the cutest clothes we have found so far are for boys.

Since before I knew for certain I was pregnant, I have been telling David I think it will be a girl. And girls first are better in my opinion, as their maternal instinct leads them to be a better example for their siblings. In my personal experience, I know a lot of older brothers who were not good influences, but a lot of older sisters who were like a third parent.


However, the girls David works with (hi girls if your reading!), say that because I think it is a girl, it is definitly a boy.

David says to me, "I only make men". Ha ha!! David's theroy is that his father only had two boys, and all of his father's brothers only had boys. Therefore David believes he only contains the genetic makeup to have boys.

What fun! I would love to hold either my daughter or my son, and I know Dave feels the same. Nathan or Sophia.

Can't wait to see whoever is in there tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment